Need to Preserve Foreign Aid
OSPC called on Senator Leahy to preserve certain foreign aid levels that were recently reduced in the continuing resolution (H.R. 1) passed by the House of Representatives.
March 1, 2011
In a letter to Senator Leahy, the Open Society Policy Center expressed serious concern over provisions in the House-passed continuing resolution H.R. 1 that would cut important forms of foreign assistance.
OSPC asked Leahy to preserve adequate U.S. foreign funding levels for:
- The Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
- The Millennium Challenge Corporation
- International Organizations, including the United Nations
- Support for democracy programming through the State Department and USAID
- Complex Crises Fund
- Transfer of prisoners from Guantanamo
Related Posts: Promoting Open Societies